Chronicles of a New Life

Monday, January 03, 2005

A New Year..A New Me

Here is a little backgroud information:
I tend to be a very shy, reserved, and selfconscious person. Every year I resolve to change these quirks in my personality and become the open, confident, spontaneous person I've always wanted to be. This year, I thought, "No more excuses. I will change!"

The New Year:
Normally on New Year's Eve I would have probably have been out with a group of 'boring' friends, boring in the sense that the only thing they do for fun is talk. But this year my parents were out of town and so I invited a good friend, laura, and her younger sister over to hang out and perhaps have a few drinks. Well, not only were mass quantities of alcohol consumed but at some point, shortly after midnight, a male friend had gotten himself invited over for a threesome (to clarify: with laura and I, but Not her younger sister). This is largely out of character for me, but this was the start of a new year and a new me, and so I fervently welcomed this new experience. Upon reflection, I am more than glad that I did. That was the most fun I'd had in a long time and I loved the spontaneity of it all. This, I thought, was the type of thing I wanted my new year to be abundant with. Since that night I have been more open and confident and even started to chat with random people online. Normally I don't see it as worthwhile or real but I figured 'what's the worst that could happen', I would meet someone crazy and have a few laughs. How ironic. I did just that. I attempt to be open to the possiblity that some people out there aren't crazy or a pedophile or the like..I randomly message someone..to make a long story short he changed his mind about who he was and lied his ass off..he seemed like a pretty cool kid, whichever one he was at the moment. So, if nothing else, at least it was interesting conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home